Page MenuHomeSoftware Heritage

archive graphs stopped being updated a while ago
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

The graph showing the evolution of archive size on the main website have stopped around August 2018.

On the other hand, the counters are consistent with the API result.

Event Timeline

zack triaged this task as Unbreak Now! priority.Feb 25 2019, 5:35 PM
zack created this task.
olasd added a subscriber: olasd.EditedFeb 25 2019, 6:28 PM

The counters are working fine, only the graphs of the historical data on the website are broken.

munin has been migrated to a new machine in August 2018. This machine is doing the exports properly, however the machine is not accessible to the public and the stats.export.softwareheritage.org domain has never been configured to point to it.

Maybe we should use this occasion to address T1355.

zack renamed this task from archive counters stopped being updated a while ago to archive graphs stopped being updated a while ago.Feb 25 2019, 7:45 PM
zack lowered the priority of this task from Unbreak Now! to High.Mar 1 2019, 8:45 AM

munin has been migrated in August 2018.

Indeed T1168

however the machine is not accessible to the public and the stats.export.softwareheritage.org domain has never been configured to point to it.

Still the case alright.

ardumont added a comment.EditedJun 20 2019, 7:20 PM

For now, i did an ugly and temporary workaround, update manually and exposed the history_counter.json from the apache endpoint reached by https://stats.export.softwareheritage.org (public annex from pergamon).

ardumont added a comment.EditedJun 21 2019, 2:21 PM

For now, i did an ugly and temporary workaround, update manually and exposed the history_counter.json from the apache endpoint reached by https://stats.export.softwareheritage.org (public annex from pergamon).

It was not enough as the anacron job failed anyway (certificate issue).
Added wget --no-check-certificate (as per the previous commit mentioned) for now.

cc @olasd as he is taking on the hard part about the certificate renewal

ardumont changed the task status from Open to Work in Progress.Jun 21 2019, 2:32 PM

Status:

  • Fixes deployed
  • running, graph is unstuck [1]. You'll probably need a browser cache force refresh though.

[1] https://www.softwareheritage.org/archive/

ardumont updated the task description. (Show Details)Jun 21 2019, 2:35 PM
ardumont closed this task as Resolved.Aug 2 2019, 5:27 PM
ardumont claimed this task.
ardumont added a subscriber: ftigeot.

@ftigeot and i finished that.

rdicosmo reopened this task as Open.Aug 4 2019, 10:33 AM

Reopening this, as the vertical units in the graphs are now wrong for the "commits" and "origins" images. They all show the 0, 2B, 4B, 6B, 8B scale that is appropriate only for the file count

ftigeot closed this task as Resolved.Aug 9 2019, 10:39 AM

Dedicated task created as T1949 .