All servers, hypervisors, virtual machines and containers have been now upgraded to Debian Buster.
Among others, the following components have been upgraded:
- Proxmox VE updated to 6.0 (from 5.x): https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_5.x_to_6.0
- Elasticsearch upgraded to 6.8.4 (from 6.4.x, in preparation for upgrading to the 7.x series)
- Puppet updated to 5.5.10 (from 4.10.x)
- RabbitMQ updated to 3.7.8 (from 3.6.x)
- Icinga2 from 2.10 to 2.11
The last piece of software that couldn't be upgraded to buster is the zookeeper ensemble running on esnode[1-3]. When upgrading a given node, it doesn't join the ensemble again. This needs investigating.
The following machines haven't been upgraded to buster:
A few followup tasks remain:
- Upgrade giverny (?)
- Retire orangerie/orangeriedev (?)
- Removing the stretch jobs from the Debian packaging CI
- Migrate all CI images to buster/Python3.7